It is so lovely to see so many positive comments about Scottish hospitality and food during this year’s Commonwealth Games. We decided to share a few recipes this week for those of you who were unable to join us this year but would like to try some of our dishes, treats and desserts at home.
• 60g of oats
• 300g of fresh raspberries, plus more to decorate
• 300ml of double cream
• 6 tablespoons of honey, melted and cooled
• 6 tablespoons of whisky
1. Dry-toast the oats in a frying pan over a medium heat. They are ready when the flakes are just browned and smell toasted, but should not be dark. Leave to cool.
2. In a bowl, lightly crush half the raspberries. Fold in the remaining whole raspberries and crush lightly – there should still be large whole pieces.
3. In another bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 3 tablespoons of whisky.
4. In another bowl, mix the cream and the rest of the honey and whisky. Whip until the cream thickens but is still soft.
5. To assemble the dessert, add some of the raspberry mixture, then a sprinkling of oats and then some of the cream mixture. Add two more layers in the same order (raspberries, oats, cream, raspberries, oats, cream). Top with a few whole raspberries, and drizzle with the honey-whisky mixture. Serve immediately.